Friday 19 April 2013

I'M ONE- THE WHO










Crop Top- DIY, Floral Headband- DIY, Bart Simpson Shorts- HK boutique, Freda's- Jeffrey Campbell

*WARNING LONG POST* IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO SKIP MY POST, THE 30 DAY SONG CHALLENGE IS LISTED BELOW, THANK YOU :)

Hello lovely readers, apologies for the longer post today, I felt like I had some things to get off my chest. First of all, EAT MY SHORTS! As ususual, yours truly was the last (and when I mean last, I mean like last last, like last behind the last person last) person to jump onto the Bart Simpson bandwagon. The Simpson's were and still is, one of my favourite TV shows growing up, and while I was mainly identified as the 'Bart' of the family, I always had a special place for Homer in my heart. I have to admit, I wasn't so keen on the trend when it first surfaced on a certain lithe Cara Delavigne, however, its grown accustomed to me and I secretly call this number my 'rad shorts'. 



This week has definitely been a rollercoaster, not just personally, but locally and internationally. So many unexpected events have happened that we have no explanation for. I don't really like to divulge into things that have been happening in my life, however, I feel that now is the time to stand up and say something about it. This week, an unfortunate tragedy occurred in my school, and whilst it wouldn't be right of me to tell you how much I knew that person, it did force me to think about how short life is and how we have so much that we can do. A few other tragedies happened around Hong Kong, and while I had no personal connection to either incident, I did feel the emotional pain their families went through and it did sting my heart. Another incident happened this week, one of my closest friends was heavily criticized by other so called 'friends' for her decision of being openly honest with her opinions. She had joined ask.fm and had stated her honest opinions to the questions she was asked, which I thought was one of the most courageous and admirable things to do. Yet, she was berated for her answers and for her honesty. She calmly replied to these 'comments' and offered to apologize to anyone who was offended, yet she would not apologize for her opinions. This just made me realize how vicious people are when they are 'anonymous' and most people forget that there are two sides to every story. However knowing high schools long tedious life, it will probably be forgotten next week. 


What happened in Boston was truly shocking, there is o one word in the English dictionary that can describe the terror and shock of that day. My friend was helping in the medic tent when the first bomb blew off, thankfully she is fine and unharmed. My friend's father was running 200ft away when the first bomb went off as well, thankfully he too is safe. My mother's friend who had already finished the marathon, was in her hotel room watching TV when she heard news of the bombs. Its so surreal to hear all these things happening so close to you. Not only were the victims robbed of their lives, but they were also robbed of their innocence. However, I want to encourage all not just to pray for Boston, but for all those around the world who are suffering in need, for those that have been lost, and for those taking lead in this situation. 


I would also just like to say that I am a christian and I do hope that you as a reader will come to understand and accept me for that. Christianity is the way of life I have chosen and without it, my life would have no meaning. I know that some of you may disagree, however I would just like to be honest with you about my religion as I am now in a point in my life where honesty is truly the best policy.


30 Day /Post Song Challenge

Day/Post 15: A song that describes you

'I'm One' by The Who


This song is actually taken from my favourite episode of Freaks and Geeks, 'Dead Dogs and Gym Teacher's', and its from the seen where Bill is eating and watching TV whilst just having a general blast with himself. This scene gets me every time because I relate to it so much, as loner like this may sound, sometimes I prefer listening to the sounds of the Who versus the sounds of people talking. Sometimes, I just like the company of myself. Bill is by himself and yet he is just so happy. Although my love for Daniel Desario is undeniable, Bill Haverchuck has to be my favourite character because to me, he is the most relatable. 


xoxo

natalie


Follow on Bloglovin

8 comments:

  1. Really cool outfit! I really like the Bart shorts :) And those heels are beautiful :D

    Tyra xxx
    tyradressedinblack.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you tyra!!!

      xx
      natalie

      crashingfashionshouse.blogspot.com

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you Yan! This makes my day (:
      xx
      natalie

      crashingfashionshouse.blogspot.com

      Delete
  3. Your post is great and really touching!!! I just can't get over all the things that suddenly haven in the world!!!

    Love this outfit!! ++++
    http://life-fashion-freedom.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Taryn for reading my long rant! You're the best!

      Delete
  4. First off Love those shorts! They are pretty great! Secondly, my cousin was in the Boston Marathon and when my husband called to tell me what was going on, my stomach sank. Luckily he had already crossed the finish line 30 minutes prior. Such a sad scene and my heart breaks for all that happens in this world every day. I am thankful for your honestly and your strength. In a world where everyone gets criticized for their religious believes, you will have the ability to show Christ's love for all. Keep up the great work girl!
    xo jess
    www.stmurrie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading this, I really appreciate it! Its so nice to read a comment like this, it really does make my day. Its so strange how these shocking events all happen at once. You are so amazing. You have no idea how happy you've made me!

      xx
      Nat

      Delete